Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are TRIM & ICIS?
TRIM stands for Terrain Resource Information Management. This includes topographic map data such as contour lines, roads, rivers, lakes, elevation, etc.
ICIS is the Integrated Cadastral Information Society which was developed to share geospatial data.
BC Assessment Data
BCIT currently makes BC Assessment Data available to researchers. If you're interested in accessing this data, please contact us.
The data available includes:
TRIM Data available from GeoBC
TRIM data for the Province of BC, including positional and Digital Elevation Model (DEM) information.
You can find more information on the data available on the GeoBC website and search for specific data sets in the BC Data Catalogue.
Data Available from ICIS
- ParcelMap BC
- Maintained and contributed by LTSA (Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia), ParcelMap BC represents the single, complete, trusted and sustainable spatial representation of cadastre in BC.
- ICI Society Cadastre
- The data in this layer includes the best available parcel data from both Provincial and Local government sources with standardized and uniform attribution.
- Integrated Cadastral Fabric
- Maintained by GeoBC for provincial government. For areas not covered by GeoBC, local government data is used. Not as strictly standardized as ICIS Cadastre.
- BC Assessment Fabric
- Geospatial representation of the assessment roll.
- Data maintained and provided by Local Government and First Nations
- Civic Address
- Additional Location
Utilities (utility information can be requested on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of each utility)
- BC Hydro
- Northriver Midstream
- Pacific Northern Gas
- BC Oil and Gas Commission
- Regional District Boundary
- Municipal Boundary
- First Nations Boundary
- Agricultural Land Commission
- Police Jurisdictions
- Fire Hydrants
- Infrastructure Mains
How can I get this data?
Access is limited to authorized BCIT faculty, staff and students.
Due to licence restrictions, ICIS and TRIM files must be downloaded for BCIT users by the Data Services Librarian.
Please email requests (including grid square coordinates for study area if relevant) and allow a week for delivery and include your BCIT ID number in your email.
How can I use this data?
The ICIS and TRIM data may be used for educational and research purposes only. No commercial use is allowed. For full details please see the licensing agreement.