Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
to the BCIT Library!
The purpose of this guide is to support your academic work in your program, and to help you with:
- building a good search strategy
- narrowing or expanding that search
- selecting the best databases for your research topic
- locating specific documents
- evaluating information
My name is Ana Maria Ferrinho and I am the librarian responsible for this guide. If you have any research questions feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Number: R 852 J33 2021
1. Choose a Topic, and identify the main concepts or keywords,
2. Find Background Information
3. Construct a search strategy
4. Find Journal Articles - identify HS databases
5. Use Google to Find Grey Literature
6. Cite your search results
7. Appraise Critically - evaluate
Off Campus Access
Login to access e-books, e-journals and databases from home.
Current students, faculty or staff members can login using MyBCIT or network login. Check our help sheet for tips.
For help with login contact the Service Desk at 604-432-8370 or by email.